Monday, September 21, 2009

Morning Cocktail



These are the ingredients for my morning juice. I TRY to do it every morning: sometimes I succeed; sometimes I don't. I especially need the infusion of alkaline today since the weekend consisted of brisket, potato latkes, challah, apple pie. Toss in the fact that 4 invited guests canceled at the last minute, causing great consternation and an excess of delicious, high fat, high fun food. Instead of nine people, there were five.

I have a Breville juicer and my concoction consists of

5 or 6 leaves of kale, including the stalks
2 stalks of celery
1 large cucumber
2 or 3 broccoli stems

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging this. No matter how many times I ask you I always forget at least 2 of the 4 ingredients. Did you always have that juicer, or did you start out with some lesser tool? I need to know if I can sustain drinking this type of cocktail before I invest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started out with a Juiceman Jr. but it didn't last long; the daily juicing was too much. I've had the Breville for 2 years and it's still going strong.
    When I first started drinking this juice, I added a bit of apple for sweetness. I don't need it now and really look forward to it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's some healthy brew there. Now I'm wishing I hadn't yard-saled my juicer years ago. I was a carrot-juicing fiend before kids came along! I can see the apple adding palatability for the uninitiated (that would be me--broccoli and celery and kale, oh my!).

    Welcome home, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete