Thursday, July 23, 2009

More on piccole tazze.

It's the idea that the small everyday stuff is what keeps you going. The stuff that slips by and disappears like a puff of smoke if you're not paying attention. It's the phone call from a friend just to say hi, stopping to notice the way the sky looks just before the thunderstorm, the random conversation you have with the lady in the pick up truck while putting gas in the car, the compliment on the earrings. Piccole Tazze. Small cups.

We tend to focus on the big mugs, I think. Waiting for stuff to happen. Can't wait til Thanksgiving, the trip out West, the big birthday. This stuff is good, too, especially the trip part and I want to write a lot about that but if we expend all our energy on the BIG stuff we miss real life. And how many times have you felt post-vacation, post-holiday, post-mug let down?

Piccole tazze, by their nature, never let you down.

3 comments:

  1. I'm posting a post about post-mug letdown. Hate when that happens. Love the metaphor, though!
    Where are your ads? M. is raking in the dough, what about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small cups--I love this name and idea.

    Google ad for this definitely not the Coply bra lady).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, Cheryl. My cup is getting smaller as I get older. Some day I will contemplate my navel.
    Very few mugs seem to suck me in these days, and when one does it's usually something to do with my kids; senior recital, etc...

    ReplyDelete