Monday, August 10, 2009

The Upside of Not Going to Puerto Rico This September


I was planning to go to San Juan this September with friends; we had to postpone due to the very real possibility of a fantastic job offer for Paul. Here's the positive spin in list form, of course.



I can stop doing a fucking extra 100 crunches a day.

It helps create positive thinking that Paul will get the new, fabulous job.

We will save money by not buying a new bauble for Craig.

We will save money by not buying gallons of margaritas for me.

We will save money by not buying gallons of sunscreen for Paul.

I will save money by postponing the always pleasant bikini wax.

Truman and Jackson will be happy you are home.

We can scream “My va-jay-jay hurts” whenever we want – we don't need no stinking zipline.

It's better that I don't run into Armando in my current state of mind.

We will figure out another way to glow in the dark that doesn't include Vieques. I've got ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Best list EVER. You'll also have one less mouth to feed because you won't be smuggling those Puerto Rican street dogs through Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul told me that if he gets the job he's taking us ALL to Puerto Rico on his dime. That's another plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sent my blog link to Paul. Won't he be surprised.

    ReplyDelete